So this was it. Twenty years of dedicated, loyal service, and all that remained was a piece of paper saying that he had been terminated from the job. Paul had known all along that this was coming; he just hadn’t expected to feel so angry about it. But then again, this was one place where he had spent a considerable part of his last twenty years. He thought of his options, but he already knew he had been unfairly treated, and that he had only one option left. The meager amount that they intend to pay him for his twenty years of his service was tantamount to an insult. They were a multi-million dollar company now, and he had been there since the start of it all. He deserved more, he deserved better.
Many people in a position similar to Paul’s might shy away from approaching the court with such matters. They might think of it as a waste of time and money, but what they actually forget is the fact that, in most cases, it is the wronged employee that gets the benefits from the employer. But, of course, it is important to have a competent lawyer explaining your case. Here are some tips that will help you in finding a competitive wrongful termination lawyer Los Angeles.
- Ensure that the process that your employers followed for firing you from the job was illegal. If the grounds that they mentioned for firing you were for exercising your First Amendment rights, for attending jury duty, for refusing to break the law, then you better start the process of selecting a lawyer.
- Ensure that you have a copy of all the documents pertaining to your termination from the job. These documents should have information like specific dates and details regarding all the incidents that led to you finally being terminated from the job.
- You can find good lawyers by asking the opinions of people who work at a local employment office or state labor department.
- Many online sources have excellent information regarding all the attorneys available in your area.
- Once you are fired from your job, ensure that you do not make a scene at the spot, or resort to threatening your hitherto employers.
These tips will help you in finding, if not the best wrongful termination lawyer Los Angeles can provide you, then at least one that’s close to being that.Google+